Wednesday 24 October 2012

Design for Web// Workshop TWO

During this workshop we had to firstly, identify what was most important on your homepage, and then create a thumbnail for what you would want your own personal design website to look like.



Website Thumbnail




Feed back from Group

  • I like the shape of the boxes and how they pop out when hovered over. I don't like the Bio & CV on homepage though. An image of some sort would draw the target audience in. Looks quite retro, would the background be graph paper? That would look good
  • The idea of one page and several pullouts is quite interesting, But i think it might be irritating for some users having to scroll if there is a lot of information taking up one smaller space.
  • Really like the navigation buttons as they will draw attention. Don't think that you should have your CV on the first page as that is giving to much information to the audience to quickly. I think it would be good to have imagery and the page for athletics. 
  • About page could be called home page. Multiple scroll bars may be confusing on held hand devices. Overall I think the simple and clean layout works.
  • I like the idea of the tabs that pull out at the side of the page. Slightly more interactive than the normal page. Is there anything on the homepage screen before the tabs have been clicked? photo? could look messy if new pages open on top. Good colour scheme of blue white and black.
  • Interactive tabs are a good idea. No need for two scroll bars. Logo might be too close to tabs once opened.
  • Interesting. Interactive feel with slipping out bits. Clear navigation. would the 'about' tab be open when you first open the site. OR would it just be a blank page? 
Overall I am happy with the comments as their negative feedback I received I was expecting. After doing this workshop I am really excited to get going and creating a website. I am worried however as how well I will learn everything as its something I have never done and I feel it will take a while to sink in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment