Thursday 25 October 2012

Typography Workshop TWO// Workshop & Task

What does Minion Pro say to me? 
What Product or brand WOULD it suit?
 What Product or brand WOULDN'T it suit?
..............................................................................................................................................

TASK : Find a proverb and play around with it in this structure TWO, FOUR, THREE, ONE.

I frislty went onto the internet to find a proverb, one that had four words in, I simply went onto google and found this website that had over 600 proverbs on - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/proverbs.html


My chosen proverb is ALL THINGS MUST PASS.

From the Bible, Matthew 24:6-8 (King James Version):
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
All these are the beginning of sorrows. - http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/29200.html
The only thing you can't do is add colour or use both caps or no caps, no use of bold or italic. Document must be portrait.


TWO, FOUR, THREE, ONE- Now to make it read ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR.




Just for the record, I have decided to use Helvetica as my font- and my font size is 48pt.
Below is what we decided during our group workshop work the best. I find it works well too, however are there any other ways it might work?


In the ones below I have tried to bring the words together to see what effect that has. My eyes are still brought towards 'ALL' as that is the only word facing the right way 


..................................................................


..................................................................


..................................................................

I think this one works quite well as you do follow ONE, TWO THREE FOUR. I will go on to use this technique further.
..................................................................


..................................................................


I find 'MUST' is really difficult to read. Its actually becoming hard for me anyway! Because I know the proverb quite well as I have been working with it for half an hour I will always read 'ALL THINGS MUST PAST'. As that is what I am looking for, for someone who doesn't know it however, that would be much different. I have an idea, but I need volunteers. If someone can get it straight away, that will be the correct way to have these words in the custom formation.



No comments:

Post a Comment