Friday 5 October 2012

Nets, Workshop & Feedback

Tabacco Pouch


Box for CS3


Stamps


Playing Cards Box


DVD Case


Feedback

Strengths 

  • Variety of nets used.
  • Logo would be clear on packaging when nets are constructed
  • Suitable placement of logo, clear and concise despite the change in sizes.
  • Variation in background keeps each design distinct from others.
Areas for Improvement 

  • Nets could have been constructed.
  • Stock used wouldn't be sustainable due to stock used
  • The nets look like they are missing bits so they wouldn't have constructed anyway.
  • Could try more adventurous things with logo and scale, maybe reversing colours.
  • Might look better without black lines
  • Logos would be clearer if lines stopped at edge of speech bubble.
This task and feedback has to be the worse I have probably ever experienced since my time on the course! After photographing my nets and scanning them in I became very unconfident with the whole process as the way I was doing them was never going to work. I decided to use the pen tool and when it came to printing the nets there way no way they would ever fold up and become a box. Crits were highly embarrassing and I have to say a few people on my table had a lack of respect for 'a failed project'. However! I look forward to the next time we have a brief on nets because I am going to be very committed to making them perfect. 

Group Areas of Popularity 

  • Stock quality 
  • Craftsmanship 
  • Good range of nets, range of design
  • Colour scheme 
  • Can you identify what the box is for?


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment