Tuesday 13 March 2012

What is a Line?// What am I doing?

Horizons : Country Side : Publication 

HOTDOG BOOK

After the first workshop I went away with a lot of different words to work with, however the three words I decided to work with were Horizons, Country side & Publications.

I linked horizons with lines. When you look out to a horizon its flat and forms a straight line. So I will be working with scenery and the country. The publication will be a book but I am not too sure what sort of book I want to work with yet. I have never book binded before so thats something I could get into and learn but I am very worried about the time I have to do this so I am quite tempted to run with the hotdog book again. In terms of size I think I will work with A3. So that will fold down in to 8 different pages. Two of which will be the front and back cover. I have gone into depth with my secondary work and I have got a good idea of what I want my work to look like. 

BRIEF: Even though its not that in depth my brief is : To Design a publication about horizons using only card....This is true to an extent but once I have finish with the card I will then scan the design in and play around with it on photoshop. I will play around with text, seeing and identifying if text is in anyway nessasary. Then I will play around with saturation and the rubber tool to see if I can make the design look slightly aged and worn.

This will be quite similar to the Poster Brief in terms of the materials I am using but the fact is I enjoy this way of working and I aspire to get better at it. I have started to late which I regret but I must power on and produce this work. I have to now put my time management to the test and sort out my briefs so I don't get left behind.