Wednesday 14 March 2012

What is a Line?// Second Pages







 So this is my western design so far. I have put the tee-pees on the right hand side and some cactus on the right. Remembering that this will be spread across two pages. On the left hand side I will have 'YEE HAR' in the same 50% opacity and underneath it I think I will illustrate a cowboy rope or a buffalos skull. Something along those lines.
In the picture above you can see smoke rising from between the 3 tee-pees. I decided not to spray mount that down. I am going to make a little bomb-fire on the computer as I think it will look better that way. A little cross is represent the wood. AND to finish I will add the sun. I was struggling making the sun with card as I wanted a perfect circle so I will also do that on the computer, That will take 2 seconds.
I need more to happen in this picture too, its looking very empty After all that I think I will be finished in this design. Once I have finished I am going to get the measurements for the hotdog book and begin piecing it together, not forgetting the front cover still needs doing. The back of the hotdog book will simply be the front cover enlarged. So it can be a poster it needs be.


Heres the first example scanned in and with text added. I quite like it! Again the landscape is very simple and I might need to add some more 'props'. I should also play around with the text a bit more incase there is a different layout worth finding


As you can see I have quickly photoshoped in a bomb-fire. when zoomed out you can't really see any detail, for example the cross and the embossed smoke. Contemplating whether of not to keep it in.




I tried working with a skull but in the end it didn't look right.