Tuesday 13 March 2012

What is a Line?// First front Cover ideas


I have quickly on photoshop played around with warping the text to make it look like a horizon. I do want the over all look to look worn and that might come down to the final paper I choose to print on but I can also play around with filters to get the look I am looking for.



By restiving the font I was able to use the eraser tool to make the text seem worn. With the background I went onto layers but I'm not sure I like it too much. I looks like it grip tape for a skateboard and looks like its been forced on which is something I don't agree with too much. The colour too I'm not sure about. I might try giving it more black rather than gray. I feel the inside will be much more colourful that the outside but i like this idea. Don't judge a book by its cover sort of idea .


Still not feeling this idea. I'm trying to picture what this would look like against/ with the content of the inside. I have though decided to go with mostly dark cards for my designs though. I like the idea of it looking like its at night time.


I quite like this reddish look to the cover. And it looks like its worn too. Its very hard to design the cover when at this point I am not sure what the inside will look like. I think that the thing to do now is the crack on with a few designs for the inside and then come back to this. I think then I will be able to decide what it should look like.

...............................................................................................................................