Monday 19 March 2012

STAMP IT!// Energy Efficient Light Bulbs




At the moment this is quite dull and boring but I am happy with the illustration. I'm not sure if the colours agree with what the stamp is set out to do. The orange and yellow are very much in the family of electricity and to me symbolise electricity being used. I find it hard to explain. In the example above I have moved the yellow from inside the bulb slightly to the left. I quite like this effect, to me it looks like it has been mist printed when screen printing. The meaning of having this affect on the stamp I am clueless to! It doesn't say or suggest anything. I am now going to go back to this and play around with some more colours and see if I can find I more reasonable look.



Not sure if I like the colour change with the Queens head and the '1st class'. Then again I don't want ever stamp to have them in black. I don't want any of them to be in black really. Black is a very dominant colour and is the first thing to attract the audience. The background I like much better than the bright orange I had before. I haven't spoken about the font I have used yet but its 'Bebas Neue'. I decided to use it because its a clear and legible font. It also looks quite demanding as if the stamp is giving you an order.