Wednesday 14 March 2012

What is a Line?// First Page

The story behind mine is seeing whats on the horizon. So I am basing it on history. Pirates, cowboys etc. Seeing whats on the horizon, weather its the enemy on anything really. I am going to start with the pirate idea "Captains Orders". 


Again, I am making a hotdog book.


Here is the orginal scan with some stars added in on photoshop. I haven't actually done a lot with the card but it got to a stage where I couldnt do anything else with card. I decided to do the rest on Illustrator and photoshop.




Here I have made the 'SHHHHH' wavy to suit the waves and I have added some skull and cross bones to make the the audience more away that these two pages are about Pirates. The skull and cross bones are very symbolic of pirates hence why I am using it. At the moment I am happy with the outcome but I am not too happy with the waves that I made with card. I'm not sure what to do about that. One idea I had was to make the sides circular so that it looks like someone is looking though a telescope at the enemey. That reminds me that I need to now make the ship in the background. I'm not too sure how to tackle this. I am quite tempted to make it on the computer as making it with card will be very hard. 


Even though the colours are slightly off I like it. I gives it that sketchy infinished look. I made the boat on illustrator using an image I found off the internet. This is 2 pages out of the 6 I need to do so I think I am on track. I am now going to go back to the front cover and see what I can do with that. I am quite tempted to scan in a peice of card like I have done for these pages. You get that really nice effect that is very hard to accomplish on the computer.

So the idea of this and how it links to LINES. This idea of mine is thinking out the box quite a lot. The horizon is a line, thats how I have linked it to lines. The pirate idea is when you spot amother ship on the horizon you react and the captain gives you orders. For my other ideas I can do cowboy and indians  etc. I will see what happens! I need to go back to the sketchbook and think about this a little more 

FULL SIZE IMAGE- CLICK TO ENLARGE