Monday 19 March 2012

STAMP IT!// Queen's Head



I simply went on to google images to find a side portrait of the queens head but instead came across this clock. I've decided to trace this as its different to the other stamp portraits currently being used and this one to me come across as being more modern. Again to me that would suggest that change is happening and things are getting. Thats the message of the stamp, incourage change for a better world. 






This doesn't look right at all and this proves once again I am rubbish with the pen tool. The head looks jagged and out of place. Especially around the face area, the lips aren't right and the back of the head looks slightly out of place. I think I need to go back and correct a few points and make it perfect. Then again the head is going to be tiny and when you zoom out to the size it will be you can hardly realise anything is wrong.


However, when you zoomed out the crown didn't look right so I decided to find a new head and start again. Even if I am making this better I don't mind doing it again as I am in dire need to practise the pen tool. Need to stop using photoshop and start using vector on Illustrator 

Still no happy with this. I still has the lumpy look and I have no spent too much time concentrating on something much to minor in this project. If I really have to I will come back to this later in the project but I need to crack on with the actual designs which I still have no idea what I'm doing. I keep on thinking that this brief will be very hard as from what I've seen from my secondary research that its all vector based and done on illustrator, I fear I will lag and not produce work worthy enough to hand in.