Tuesday 20 March 2012

What is a Line?// First Prints











Here are some photos I took of what I think could be the final designs for the Brief 'What is a Line?'.
I say 'could be' because I want to be crited by someone on them to see what other people think. From that I might be able to make them better. I have already had a comment referring to what this little book means and I must admit myself its hard to understand. At the end of the day does there have to be a reason to why I made this book and what it means? Its inspired from illustrators, mainly the people from NoBrow. I love how you can look at their illustrations and just take in the imagery and care about nothing else. I added the text to enhance people's imagination and give them an idea of what I was thinking when designing. Like I said, earlier in this project its about legends and past cultures. Pirates, the legend of the 'IKE' Mountains and Cowboy's & indians. In terms of the final outcome I am happy and because this year I have made a few hotdog books, I find my cutting has improved massively, the book folds in perfectly and I ensured that when printing everything matched up. The only thing is the colour is very de-saturated and I don't know who to blame for this, myself or the printer. I still have two weeks on this brief which is more than enough time to re-visite this.