Thursday 15 March 2012

What is a Line?// Third Pages

'...In the very old days, the Sleeping Ute Mountain was a Great Warrior God. He came to help fight against the Evil Ones who were causing much trouble.
A tremendous battle between the Great Warrior God and the Evil Ones followed. As they stepped hard upon the earth and braced themselves to fight, their feet pushed the land into mountains and valleys. This is how the country of this region came to be as it is today.
The Great Warrior God was hurt, so he lay down to rest and fell into a deep sleep. The blood from his wound turned into living water for all creatures to drink.
When the fog or clouds settle over the Sleeping Warrior God, it is a sign that he is changing his blankets for the four seasons.  When the Indians see the light green blanket over their "God", they know it is spring. The dark green blanket is summer, the yellow and red one is fall, and the white one is winter.
The Indians believe that when the clouds gather on the highest peak, the Warrior God is pleased with his people and is letting rain clouds slip from his pockets. They also believe that the Great Warrior God will rise again to help them in the fight against their enemies....'-http://www.utemountainute.com/legends.htm


So this is quite similar to the cowboy theme but I like it. I started looking in to Horizons as I wasn't sure if mountains count! But I found out that they do so that was a relief. 'Where the earth meets to sky. The mountains count as sky so I'm ok I think. So the sleeping UTE mountain is legend and I like the idea. However these mountains have been inspired from my imagination I actually have no idea what these mountains look like. the Lines in this design are the mountains and the horizon