Saturday 21 January 2012

Hotdog Book// Layout & Measurements


This is the layout of the hotdog book but I am having trouble measuring each page correctly. At the moment each page is not the same size therefore when printed won't fold correctly.
A4= 21cm x 29.7cm.


I quite like the front cover in black and white so I decided to blog it as a way of reminding me that this could be an option maybe when the book has finished.


This is my idea- In every photo there will be a circle somewhere, theses photos I am going to use even though they are old, they are conventional and are just right. Again the book isn't measured properly yet so these are just very rough examples or mock ups. I will then fill that circle with a colour in the front cover, maybe more colours too. My initial idea was to join each circle together with a think line but theres no reason for why I would do that. I don't want to obstruct the actual photo too much.

For the poster at the back I am tempted just to use the front cover// I'm not sure it will matter too much and I actually quite like the design!

Possible finished front cover with back and name :


 I need to start thinking about what paper to print this on. Because they are photos I would love nothing more for the inside to be glossy paper and the out side a nice thick card. I'm not sure what glossy paper will be like to fold but already I have my doubts around me
NAME OF BOOK: I'm still not sure what to call the book. the little book on photography? The photography book with circles. the circular photography book. The NEW NAME! for now anyway. The book of circular environments? a circular environment.


The right size



Here is the begging of my book coming together. All i need to do is go out and take four more good photos. I am considering maybe doing something with text too. The name once again isn't final. But instead of wasting time now thinking of one I will come back later to it.







WRONG. The photo on top needs to be the other way round! 




I am going to take my name off the back so that its all blank and put it on the poster inside.

FINAL DESIGNS// FRONT & BACK





Final things to run through are what paper to use. I can't use anything that thick as when it comes to folding that could be a disaster. Realistically I won't be able to print on the any photo paper However I have a feeling that MATT paper might work but I can't be sure. I think I might go for a nice textured paper, something along the lines of water colour paper. Just to get it that nice feel. One problem I had was when I got this printed in the standard print rooms up stairs it doesn't print to the vert margin. It always leaves a white bleed of at least 1cm so when it comes to folding its not that accurate so I'm a little worried tomorrow when I go to get it properly printed that it won't work. However, all the measurements are fine and correct so it should go to plan.