Wednesday 25 January 2012

100 THINGS// Info-Graphics Pie Chart // Poster



Big change here. I've customised this poster to have the same information as all the others and more to the pint have the same information as the ILO has. I felt slightly unconfident with printing a poster with completely different information to the rest of them. Now that this has changed I am much more confident with my final outcome on a whole.


AGAIN: The differences between this and the other info poster is this one is made up from a question survey where its answers were from an unreliable site! The other poster is made up from a bbc news article which makes it a lot more believable 

NEW


I've actually come back to this and because my other poster works so well in terms of colour I used the same colours and in a result it works so much better. I will probably come back to it at a later stage to experiment with text- It would be sensible to add a website so that if there was an audience they could get involved.




Click to enlarge- I have chosen this almost brown grey for the new colour of the background. I have also put a layer on it to give it this worn look- This filter is called Texturizer from the Filter Gallery.


After talking to a friend they suggested that a loose wisdom script as it just doesn't work on this kind of poster. I have gone back to blue just for this example but thats not to say that its going to be my final colour. I then put the percentage on 20,000,000 because its way more visually pleasing. I might experiment further and see what it looks like with all the percentages on the Piechart 




The background suits the poster more but I'm still not sure I am happy. Looking at the text I feel that the poster isn't making a big deal out of the plus 20 million people working in slave labour today. 


The  problem with this is to design and look has nothing to do with slavery what so ever. It looks nice but does it maybe need some illustrations on it? The blue might be a bit to suttle and calm for what the poster is saying. The goes with the text too. At this point I'm really not sure what I should do! 


I am quite happy with this but I want to play around with colour a bit more. 





Here is the pie chart that I was able to make from my survey.

Example 2



This really doesn't work. I like how this new typeface (Ranger) is quite a loud and dominant font.
However I don't think it works will at all on this poster. It seems to be destructive and its taking up alot of the poster. 

Example 1 


Example 1 (not finished). I already like where this is going. Obviously it won't be just these two blues. The background will be the same colour buy once I have dissected the pie chart thats when I can begin to add reds, yellows, violets etc. The poster will be printed onto A2 so if your thinking its not legible your wrong! Again, I am using Wisdom Script but I should be using something different as its appeared in quite a few of my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment