Monday 30 January 2012

100 THINGS// Postcards// Charity Awareness


While flicking through the creative review blog I came across this and the lock images suddenly gave me an idea as I related it to slavery and being locked up. I then went to my design sheets and suddenly found an idea for my next product. I have decided to do a postcard for some sort of charity organisation. This could be just a made up organisation but to be honest I could just get away with making a logo and name.

I came up with some text to go on the postcard. 'Help them find their key to freedom'. The idea that if you join this charity you are helping these poor people in slavery find their key to a better life. The only thing I worry about is that this won't be a card full of imagery. In fact there won't be a representation of any humans, no slaves basically. I just plan on having a lock like shown on this piece here. The aim of this postcard is to make slavery aware to the mass. DOUBLESIDED?

The design above- Information - 'Directed by design collective National Television through Not To Scale for 4Creative, the animated promo for Channel 4's new, nightly game show, The Bank Job, draws inspiration from classic title sequences by Saul Bass and Otto Preminger...'  Follow this link to the blog : creativereview.the-bank-job-tv-promo

BACK- I am going to either put the bar chart from my poster or the triangle on the back only because i think as just having a black and white postcard by itself won't be pleasing and quite boring.

BACK




Example one, using black seems quite risky but at the moment I want the front to be black so who knows this might be a final design. I'm not sure about what type I am going to use for the title here as that will have to reflect on the final outcome of the front side. Using to many fonts will make things un-legible and to busy. 

I have decided that I will do 2 or 3 postcards as I have a lot of information on my poster that can actually be used again on these postcards- So the aim is to scroll across three different backs and then create the front cover and then together I will have 2 double sided A5// A6 postcards


Here's another back I can use- information taken from the info graphics poster- I WON'T go onto use the pie chart poster for a back simply because the information is radically different to the information on the BBC inspired poster. 

TYPO


I like the white against the black especially the 'for more information'. I went with the more conventional 'Bebas Neue' font on this one as that's been a font I've become quite fond of. For information graphics anyway. Its very legible and readable.



TYPO ON THEIR---must make sure I correct that
....because I have made wisdom script hollow you can see the serif in the next letter and for me its made the text less legible- Note to self : stop using wisdom script

First front cover- Works well, abit cheesy but I have had comments that it does work. Maybe this is too happy for a design concentrating on slavery- Looking at it now it has that fun look...
I'm not sure I will have to ask around for people opinions. 


BEBAS works well on the back when you talking about serious facts and slavery- but on the front it looks much to serious- I'm finding it quite hard to explain. Visually for me it doesn't work so I thought I would blog it just to quickly show that even though this is a font I have been using repeatedly over this project, it won't work on this postcard.


Still not satisfied with the front cover- I believe its just a matter of going over and over the design until I find the right one.


I left the grid and rulers just to give you an idea of how to make correcting spacing. I'm going to leave this back white. It works well, the white space isn't bothering me too much.


I like the keyhole in the bottom corner- acts as a logo for ILO or even my title which is simply Modern Day Slavery- Which just gets straight to the point about what the leaflet is advertising. 


I'm going to go ahead and use this lock on the back of everything so that when the audience is reading the back they will be reminded of the information on the front. 


Barchart with new logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment