Thursday 12 January 2012

100 THINGS// Survey


I mage this survey to check how aware people are with Slavery. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of replies with this but I still think I will be able to use it. 
The answer to this was 20 million +. Only 14.3% of people answered this correctily. The majority of people went for 5 million and 10 million- 26.8% 


I am most interested in my question 5 because the last answer I didn't know about:

'The USA have a slavery trade within the prisons. They make/made car license plates and paint brushes. If they refuse the prisoner is put in to solitary confinement. There is roughly 10% of the USAs population in Prison'

It seems so odd to have slavery in a place like the USA when being very poor is a rarity. I also thought that prisons could work in prison so that when they are released they have some money to get them going. The next quote I find very interesting is:

'Obviously unfair. I think its more common for extremely poor people and its something which the powers of the world should do something about to get rid of. Like poverty and disease....'


This is a very fair point. However I tend to believe that its the richer people that are creating slavery in poor areas. I think its very hard to get rid of. Companys that are involved in slavery can't just get rid of it. Once they have started they can't stop. Who knows what money they save from this.

BRIEF PART 2


COMMUNICATE: Having explored a range of possible approaches to the organisation, interpretation and categorisation of your source material, design and produce a set, series or sequence of 10 related graphic products that effectively communicate an informative response to your content. Your resolutions should be print based, focus on the relationship between type and image and explore their function within the visual communication of content. Your products/resolutions can take many different forms dependent on its content, function, audience and context. How will this affect the decisions that you make about format, scale, media etc....?


I am quite interested in the idea of doing postcards with type, image, statistics etc.















No comments:

Post a Comment