Wednesday 11 January 2012

100 THINGS// Workshop, Categorise & Communicate

This was a simple exercise we did with Amber to generate more ideas. We used a spider diagram to map out 6 words related to 'Slave Labour'. From these 6 words we did several different things.


We also had to imagine that we where making a book and inventing titles for these chapters. For example underneath HISTORY I have when, where, why, how, law, cruelty, Living Conditions and race- next to these would be a small description to explain what I ment by these. Obviously these aren't very good but its a simple and effective way of idea generation.



With my 'Consumerism' we had to illustrate 5 iconic symbols. I did Money, Shops, Goods(I-Pod), Dept and Food. For clothing I we had to find an Audience, a Location, and an Object- Teenagers, High Street and Shirt.


The final task was to hand over your worksheet to someone random in the class and they had to make a blurb about what they thought your book would be about. This one here is pretty exact in explaining 'my' book. This was simply a small exercise to help us generate ideas, ideas that we don't know how to use yet as it was done right before Fred's brief for the next stage of 100 things. 

So to some this up I put this 10 words into sections and it helped massively with the organisation with it all. This workshop with Amber has put the next brief into prospective for me as it helped get ideas on to paper.

The 10 I have chosen are all revolved around slavery 

1) Slavery 
2) Clothing
3) Consumerism
4) History
5) Trade
6) Law
7)Children 
8) Product
9) Profit
10) WORLD

The brief stated that ' Having explored a range of possible approaches to the organisation, interpretation and categorisation of your source material, design and produce a set, series or sequence of 10 related graphic products that effectively communicate an informative response to your content...' . I'm still a little unsure what I want to do in terms product (Booklet, Poster etc...)

AUDIENCE- who will be interested in this product?

I think slavery is a world wide known thing. People are aware of how horrible it was in the 1800 but are people away that its happening today? I believe that everyone would be interested in this topic. TEENAGERS, TEENAGE EMULATORS, BELONGERS. All ages would be interested 

LOCATION

1) MUSUEM 
2) GALLERY
- Photography would work well and also posters would go down well in showing slavery
3) A PLACE OF RELIGION (Churches)

The design could be on:
FLYER- This would be a very conventional way of sharing information to the public and letting them know or an event or exhibition 
POSTCARD
POSTERS -Another way of getting the public aware or involved 

No comments:

Post a Comment