Thursday 6 December 2012

Responsive// Workshop THREE & Group Crit

10 minutes to come up with feedback I will find useful from my peers. (5 Things

  • Would my design be appropriate for this brief, being a book written in 1946, does my design have qualities from this era?
  • What do you personally think I should add to these designs?
  • Do you have any useful suggestions of research I could look into that would relate to a 'retro' look of design?
  • Which design on my design sheet would you think would work best and why?
  • COLOUR. Being a black and white film and an old book. What colours would be appropriate? 

In terms of font. my group said I should research in to type from that era. Look at how I can take that look and expand on it. Give it a more modern feel. I want to use a very simple font that is easily legible and not too bold. I don't feel like making a big and in your face. 
My group wanted to look at my secondary work and think I should go with that old fashioned vector look. For example on my Design Context blog I have an example from the movie 'Catch Me if You Can'. I would love to produce something along those lines. 
My peers think I should go back to the drawing board and adapt that look I want. In terms of colour, dark colours would work best as it is quite a dark movie. A lot of it being filmed at night and the movie being in black and white. Dark blues, blacks and purples. Tani told me to look at some designs from www.mandotees.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment