Wednesday 5 December 2012

Design for Web// Making the Website

After going back to the drawing board to re design the layout of my website I came back to Dreamweaver to finish the website off. Now that pretty much everything was an image it seemed that everything would be straight forward. For example, text was an image so I could play around and make everything perfect on Photoshop. The only problem I had when starting was my large images were to big and had to be reduced to not go over the navigation. That was very easy in the end to sort out.




Above is what my website looks like at the moment, all I need to do now is upload everything else and make sure it all works. As you can maybe see the web browser is tiny. Thats because my website is very small on this mac, I have been told that when on a 15 inch mac book my web will look normal.


Earlier I mentioned my main image was too big and was overlapping the navigation bar, well here is the new and improved, all I had to do was adjust the width on CANVAS SIZE to make it work. I deleted a total of 50 pixels. I also deleted the back ground because Simon, my tutor said I could make that a different image that could go over all pages. That made my work a lot easier also. 


Buttons are now all in but I still need to link each one which I think might take a while. I am really struggling with my homepage because its too pixelated and in a result has this terrible white border around all the images. I'm not too sure how I am going to sort that out. The biggest problem I am faced with it the buttons! Some of them aren't on every page. I don't know how to go back to the options on roll over image either. 



I have now done every page but one and that one page is my surveys page or 'Take Part". For some reason I saved the actual file as a PNG not a PSD so that when the time came to optimise it I couldn't, so I have to do that all again which is slightly frustrating. I managed to fix to problem of all my images having that pixilated white stoke and that was because I was saving them as a PNG 8 instead of PNG 24. I am very close to finishing my website now so I'm very excited to view the final outcome. Its been a very long process!


Take part was quite easy to finish as I could simply duplicate an existing file with the same page size. I just had to make this easy buttons which don't actually go anywhere! They are there for show if the website actually existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment