Thursday 22 November 2012

Responsive// Workshop TWO & Group Crit

My Presentation boards for Group Crit



Feedback

Tanida's Feedback

5= Excellent 4= Very Good 3= Good 2= Average 1= Poor

Clarity Of Concept= 4
Breadth of Ideas= 3
Appropriateness of Response= 4
Contextual Awareness= 3
Analysis/ Understanding of Audience= 2
Level of Innovation=/ Originality= 3
Quality/ Clarity of Presentation= 4

Areas for Improvement

Refer back to your understanding of audience. I gave you a 2 as an average for this because for the Puffin brief (Wind In The Williow), your idea for your style won't appeal to children very well.

Additional Comments

Consider as your other idea will be very suitable. However, I have slight concern for the puffin brief. Even though you have a great idea and your approaches are strong. Will children be interested in the style of the cover? It is too different for them.

Jenna's Feedback

5= Excellent 4= Very Good 3= Good 2= Average 1= Poor

Clarity Of Concept= 3
Breadth of Ideas= 2
Appropriateness of Response= 3
Contextual Awareness= 3
Analysis/ Understanding of Audience= 4
Level of Innovation=/ Originality= 2
Quality/ Clarity of Presentation= 3

Areas for Improvement

Finalise more of your personal design ideas, more research into the books themselves.

Additional Comments

I think it's a good idea to combine penguin and puffin briefs. You have a really good understanding of audience.

My Feedback

I think overall that because this is the beginning of the project for me the feedback that I was given I already am aware of. I don't agree too much with what Tanida said about my secondary research into cover design for Puffin. Take my example of the design for the movie 'UP'. That movie is adored by both young and old and the design is self explanatory meaning anyone can understand it. However I respect the feedback I have been given and I will take it into concentration. 

My to do list from the feedback I was given

  • Look more into what design children would like and understand as well as appeal to an older audience (Puffin Brief) 
  • Look into Type for 'Wind In The Willow'
  • Do ome of your own designs.
  • Watch movies for both books!
  • Look at other books similar to the same genre for both more

TASK

For next session, make a pitch about where you are up to so far with this project. How I have informed my decisions. Take into note the feedback you have been given for this session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment