Tuesday 6 November 2012

Design for Web// Feedback Session & Final Scamp

MY FIVE QUESTIONS
  • Are my scamps legible and easy to understand?
  • From page one, which scamp do you like best and why?
  • I didn't size my scamps, does this make it harder to follow? 
  • Do you like the idea of pictograms being a main part of the website?
  • Are you happy with these layouts? If so which example do you like best and why?
STRENGTHS
  • Good level in al four, Clear narrative.
  • Number four is the most effective. 
  • Survey page as the content page flows best and is given space to breath, perhaps make the pie charts smaller.
  • Good detailed scamp designs 
  • Pictograms work well.
  • Initial reaction is we like examples 1 and 4 the most.
  • Scamps are easy to understand and very in-depth, giving clear insight into idea.
  • NOT sizing doesn't make them hard to follow. 
  • Pictograms fit content really well.
  • Layout 1 and 2 we like, but example 2 we like most because it is most effective.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT 
  • What is the focus? Is it informative, comical, is it aimed at the British or aimed at Europeans? 
  • The pictograms play potentially offensive stereotypes, could you not use a plain man coloured as the country flag? 
  • Sizings would have helped you to size the website digitally
  • Sizing could be helpful.
  • Navigation bar on 3 looks slightly out of place.
CONSIDERATIONS
  • Put measurements on to help when navigation site.
  • Scamp 4 is our personal favourite, due to its minimal layout and clear usability.
  • You can overall still get a feel for the website from these scamps 
  • Scamp 2 is our personal favourite, easy to navigate, shape possibly represents world.
  •  Stereotypically brit should appear on the about back not on the homepage.
  • Scamp 4 looks more like a logo rather that a website. 
  • Scamp to is most appropriate for the survey page. 
  • Are you only looking a France, Italy & Germany?
MY FEEDBACK

I am overall very pleases with this feedback because not only do the critters like my work but they also have a lot of things to say about it that will help me out massively when it comes to making my final scamp. I appreciate that they don't know what the website is about from first glance but I am very sure it will make sense when the website is finished as I have so much research from the summer holiday. My task is to take all of this feedback into consideration and make a final scamp that will be ready for tomorrows workshop. This feedback has really helped me and I have a pretty strong idea of what I want to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment