Tuesday 20 November 2012

Design for Print// Final Design via Issuu & Feedback




Final Crit

Feedback
  • Clear Illustrations.
  • Clear content.
  • Great hierarchy and readability. 
  • Glossary and books are organised 
  • Relaxed, soft font used, not over powering.
  • Clear In depth diagrams.
  • Layout is clear and following the books is easy.
  • Binding page clearly laid out. 
  • Black and white colour scheme compliments layout.
  • Glossary is a good idea when needing to find specific information.
  • In depth research, extremely detailed.
Areas for Improvement
  • Text is to heavy.
  • Bigger margins on the outer edges.
  • Text too cluttered makes book a bit harder to read.
  • Title is wasted space, could be made smaller to make more space. 
  • Glossary page confusing.
  • Colour scheme could be consistent.
  • Design is very close to the margins.
  • Separations from costing and colour could be more obvious. Separation pages?
  • Colour, costing book should be re-organsied.
Personal Feedback 
This brief has been a up and down journey for me and most probably to most stressed I have been since  my time on the course. I feel that learning from scratch about print processes and colour and then making a publication about it all I found very difficult. The amount of research I had to look into was massive but I have defiantly benefitted from it all. If I could go back and start again I think I would change everything. I'm not saying I am not happy with my final outcomes but I would have loved to make my books bigger and not spent so much time researching as this effected my design layout. I had to just come up with a layout and stick to it. I would defiantly make my paragraphs smaller and I would have loved to have more white space as my books are very cramped. 
What do I do now? I leave the books and start thinking about packaging, that and embossing. I want to make my front covers on different stocks too. Before my hand in I feel I need to bulk out my research as I haven't blogged much on secondary research etc.

Action Plan
  • Packaging
  • Front covers
  • Print at Issuu

No comments:

Post a Comment