Wednesday 2 November 2011

Task 3. Colour Theory "Identify your favourite colours and their CODES"

For this weeks task we have to go onto photoshop and Identify our favourite colour from Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, Violet and Orange and then choose our Favourite overall colour. During the lesson fred gave us a lecture on colour and I am going to go back to this lecture and brief myself again for next weeks task.

BLUE. CODE : PANTONE 307C

GREEN. CODE : PANTONE 349C

YELLOWCODE: PANTONE1215C

REDCODE : PANTONE199C

VIOLETCODE : PANTONE264C


ORANGECODE : PANTONE141C

MY FAVOURITE COLOUR. 

PANTONE535C

..............................................................................................................................

Only problem I have with my colours is my orange and my yellow are strikingly similar. I have been doing some pantone tests and finding suitable background colours are proving difficult. I am going to use the same backgrounds for both and see what differences I can identify. 

Pantone Experiments: Tone

Red













Blue













Orange/Yellow...

















Violet







Green










............................................................................................................................................

COLD VS WARM







Violet 

I decided to find random objects that had a bold colour and experiment with them against only different coloured card. The results I found interesting. Some objects changed colour and in one case one object had completely changed colour in the Blue section.  







Yellow 






Green


blue!?





I found once I had taken the these pictures that in the first example the pencil came out blue!

Blue











Red






Orange






Lighters aren't the best objects to use as they are see-0through meaning that the colour underneath is slightly visible.

Green