Thursday 3 November 2011

First Leaflet FRONT. (Not Finished)


Here is my first example. Looking at it now it could even become a poster. However I thought i should blog this as I have hit a wall and can't decided what to fill the middle with. If it was a poster I would be able to fill it will facts about people on Benefits and Benefit fraud but the poster would have to be real big in order to read the small text. My plan is this will (eventually) be the front of a leaflet. The back would then have all the information about fraud and most probably more icons.
I've gone with a very stereotypical illustration of someone who works behind a desk. The glasses and the tie mainly. The moustache in all honest looks good!  
In this poster I have used 'ENGRAVERS MT' for 'data inputters'. I used this because its the type i used in my posters.
For 'will' I used 'EDWARDIAN SCRIPT ITC'- As a leaflet that warns...this seems unconventional as the text is very calm and relaxed, however it looks right so I guess I need to come up with a good reason for choosing it.
'WIDE LATIN' I used for 'find you'. I like this; It's bold and the serifs are sharp so connote danger
Finally the bottom I have used 'GILL SANS ULTRA BOLD'. This to me works, how the text has been made to get bigger also reinforces the message to the audience that you must avoid benefit fraud!
My plan now is to experiment further with layout and tecniquie. I look forward to the crit tomorrow as i want as much positive/negative feedback as possible to give me more ideas into making a good leaflet...../poster (maybe)


This is what it would look like if it were a poster. I've just finished this and I know its not final in anyway. Firstly, theres nothing to do with HONESTY in these posters. And thats a massive part of my idea! Being honest and not being involved with benefit fraud. This could always be the front? The leaflet would be A5 though so I doubt it would be legible to a viewer. All this I need to experiment with. 


This is what I would like the front of my leaflet to look like. The information would then go on the back. I've heard its quite hard to print double sided. Thats something I need to look into. 

Also as you can see I've kept the same colour, links in with honesty coming from the heart in my posters 


Another Poster idea. Or even front of a leaflet? Time will tell...