Thursday 2 February 2012

100 THINGS// Postcards

NUMBERS ARE WRONG- CORRECTED


I went back to my old design and made a postcard out of it. i'm actually quite happy with the outcome as I was worried it would look a bit to compressed an un readable. Looking at it now out of photoshop there are still some slight alterations I need to make in terms of text placing and text size. It looks like the countries text looks uneven & incorrect.  


It looks very busy but I like the design. One thing I noticed from this and the poster its based on is that the circles are blurry around the edges and I can't explain why. I think it might be because I copied and pasted the first circle and made it bigger- I will go back.


Its was just as I thought. It looks much better.

NO '0' ON MILLION!!


I did the same for this poster, I'm quite glad I picked this error up otherwise when it was printed it would have been very obvious.


CONCLUSION:

Here is my 10th product and its a postcard. Its based on my very first poster which in terms of information was incorrect according to the ILO. So I went back to that poster and change the information to what the ILO believe. This has made me much more confident with my final outcome as I now know that all my work will be based on the same information that I got from the BBC that they got from the ILO.

Its been a very up and down project in terms of research. I've done masses of it but almost none of it came in handy which I guess can happen! The best thing I did was by far the survey where I got a lot of positive feedback in terms of they answered most of it incorrect which gave me more to play with. For example the postcard above is related to that survey.

Finally, the BBC are the ones to thank. Because of their fantastic report on modern slavery I was able to gather all the information I needed and I knew it was correct and safe to use. Tomorrow I print at 11am so I need to look at how big 3 each of my designs are and go from their. Once that is done I will photograph them and conclude what I think of the designs on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment