Wednesday 13 February 2013

Studio Workshop TWO// Workshop & Task

Identify at least FIVE Things you don't know about your project.

  • What my final outcome could be, what it is I am going to produce. 
  • What part of camping I want to look into. How can I make something that will educate a certain audience on camping.
  • How many people in the United Kingdom enjoy camping? 
  • How many people in the United States enjoy camping?
  • What country I am going to target (between the US and the UK)
  • What are the main dangers when camping? 
  • The most popular camping night time camp fire stories.
  • What is the most popular dish when camping? 
  • How to travel light and still have more then enough to live on.
  • The most popular destinations in the United Kingdom to camp.
  • The most popular destinations in the United States to camp. 
Identify at least FIVE I want to improve as a designer.
  • My Screen Printing skills. 
  • My Illustrator skills.
  • My Letter Press skills. 
  • My Time Management skills. 
  • My Presentation skills. 
FIVE Ways you can achieve these things? 
  • During each brief explore at least one thing product I can screen print. I would like to be inducted by someone again on how to use the screens as I haven't ever done screen printing since my last induction.
  • I use illustrator a lot, all I can do is keep on using it or use it more? There might be ways I can use it rather than other programs? 
  • LETTERPRESS....the process I said I have been wanting to do since day one but never got round to it. When I say never got round to it I mean never spent the time trying to get round to it. I sign my life away when I say I will get round to doing it this term.
  • My time management isn't actually too bad, I need to get back into the routine of always writing down what needs doing as I tend to forget sometimes. This means I need to own a diary some sort. 
  • I guess the only way to get better at this is by doing more presentations and being more confident with the work I produce. I, like many others on my course, hate presenting, but the more I learn the more I realise it is one of the most important skills to have when being out in the big wide world.  
TASK- Logos in Camping

Five examples of Branding & Identity/ Logos. Break down these logos and explain how they have been produced.

1) Camp Guide 2013


2) Pine Acres Family Camping Resort

3) North Face



The North Face's easily recognizable logo consists of a slightly skewed quarter-circle with two lines running within it. This image is supposedly an interpretation of the famous Half Dome rock formation in Yosemite National Park. Adjacent to the symbol are the words THE NORTH FACE embroidered in large block letters.

4) Center Parcs 

5) Elevate 2013


At least FIVE examples of Print you like. 

1) Screen Printing


2) Letter Press


3) Foil Stamping

 


4) Embossing / De-Bossing


5) Die Cutting


   
Boards





No comments:

Post a Comment