Thursday 21 February 2013

Responsive// Ted Baker Collaboration// Packaging Design Experiments



I found this net in the book 'Structural Package Designs' which is quite a large publication with hundreds of different types of packaging which you can download from a disc that comes with the book. This particular packet I chose is very simple but thats what Nigel and I have decided to go with. From my secondary research I discovered that mens cologne and womans perfume packaging is of a very simple design.


I've been considering where I could add colour an i think on the top and bottom I could had the same olive green as on the logo. I really think to make this packaging stand out I could do some foiling, On the crown or maybe on something else. This packaging will be very bland and I'm not sure if thats the best way to go about this. Another thought I have is I am going with a different colour scheme to the one I wanted to go with in my research. The Rimmil London advert had many links with the union jack.
I just wanted to get an idea of what the packaging could possibly look like if it was a nice shinny gold colour, not too show how to acomplish that sort of finish but its something I can look into.

This is just the first step for our packaging. I am now going to sit down with Nigel and make some changes to it. We really need to buy some bottles though! The bottles that we bought came through but they are really small so we are pretty stuck in that sense.


In this example I decided to be a bit different. I wanted to add the colours of the union jack into the design as that is really want I should be doing! Even though I want to go with a simple colour palette I'm begging to think that we really need to bring the British colours into the design. There might be a way of foling the blue and red on to make the colours have a rich and wealthy look to them? These are all questions I need to look into. How the packaging will look off the computer. 





Nigel came up with a great idea. Usually on cologne and perfume bottles it will have 'For Her' or 'For Him' written on the bottle and the packaging. Nigel cam up with 'For His Majesty' and 'For Her Majesty'. Personally I really like it because it links in again with the royal family. I think the logo should remain the same as it is simple and easy to understand. Its just the colours we have to get sorted! Its very tricky coming up with the final colour scheme, especially when their are so many colours I want to run with anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment