Monday 30 April 2012

It's Your Choice// What am I doing?


PROVERBALLY YOURS // MESSAGE & INTERPRETATION

BRIEF

Produce designs for a set of three high impact posters that deliver a personal identified message derived from your given proverb. 

proverb (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity

The three posters should work as a set or series and be visually consistent. The first must be produced solely using type, the second solely with image and the third a combination of both type and image.
You are restricted to the use of two colours plus stock. 
Background / Considerations

Memorable, immediate high impact and clear.
Challenging, potentially controversial but appropriate and not offensive.
Factual, statistical, informed and specific.
You should use the (visual) language appropriate to one of the chosen papers. You can be bold, subtle, humorous, serious, and satirical.



Mandatory Requirements 



Resolutions should be supported by a broad range of visual investigation in the form of design sheets and notebooks.

On going documentation on your blog.              
 Deliverables
Posters presented at A2 scale
Each poster should be supported by comprehensive   visual research into frame format, composition and  content.
A photographic image of one of the posters in context. 



What are you revisiting? 

I have decided I want to re-visit the Pro verbally yours/ Pro-verb poster Brief as I feel I will be able the make a much better job of it this time around. 

Why are you revising this?

Looking through my whole blog these have been by far the weakest designs I have done this year and I know that I will be able to create something that works better. 

What do you hope to do this time around? 

Create something that is much more effective. Looking at what I produced there isn't a a lot going on. If I had to change the brief I would get rid of the colour rule and also the rules on image and type. That makes the brief now very open but I like the idea of this. I want to consider what I will be printing onto also. If they are posters I would like to try out screen priting. Not only that I might have a look into a different pro-verb. 

Pro-verbs To Consider
  • No news is good news
  • What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve over/Honest is the best Policy
  • Ask no questions and hear no lies ( 
  • Waste not, want not
  • Fight fire with fire  
  • Two heads are better than one
  • a stitch in time saves nine (if a little problem is current, sort it out before it gets worse
  • Make hay while the sun shines (do things at the right time
  • Many hands might light work
  • You never miss the water till the well runs dry
  • Never look a gift horse in the mouth (if you get a gift, take it, dont question it to avoid offence)
  • Eagles don't catch flies.