Wednesday 25 April 2012

It's Your Choice// Initial Ideas



BRIEF

Select a brief, task, response or product that you have completed as part of the programme and improve on it. What will choose & why? How will you improve it and for what reason?

Review all the work, tasks and workshops that you have been involved in since september and identify an opportunity to revisit something that you wish you had more time to complete, could change the decisions that you made or should have researched / developed more thoroughly. You can only select from briefs that you have completed and not those that are currently under development.
Background / Considerations

What we are asking you to do is simple - that doesn't make it easy.

This brief is offering you the benefit of Hind-sight, a second chance or another attempt. It is a lifeline to revisit and rescue a good idea from a lack of time, a bad decision in an otherwise promising body of work or an opportunity to take an concept / idea / or product further. How will you make the most of this opportunity.

We are not asking you to just re do a brief. Whatever you choose should act as starting point that offers you the chance to develop a substantial exploration of an problem, idea, concept, process. Can you extend your initial ideas into a range of products, a deeper investigation of context / function / format or review your response to a group project.

...........................................................................................................................

Alphabet Soup



Alphabet soup happens to be the first thing I thought of when we were briefed. I'm simply not a big fan of the outcome , however when I had finished it I loved it! It has been a while since this brief and looking back at it it just looks really basic and simple. There nothing interesting about. The first thing I would do it interview someone diffrent. Someone who I might know well so that I already have an idea of what the font will look like. Interviewing someone you don't know is of course interesting but I feel that was the idea when doing 'Alphabet Soup'. It was the beginning of the year and this was a good way of getting to know someone in your group. I would maybe create more than one alphabet. In that case interveiw more than one person. I could go on to interview a series of people and create a font based on them all put together. 

Mail Shot 



This has to be one of the Briefs I enjoyed the most. The only problem I had with the whole thing was the stock I printed on to! When applying the stickers and then taking them off it would rip the card. The reason why I would want to go back to this is simply because I enjoyed it. This time round I could actually make something that could be sent to people. I could pick a subject that the world or audience can be interested in. I would make it similar to this though. This letter was about Benefit Fraud and thats an area that I'm sure a lot of people are involved in but aren't aware of the consequences. 

Communication is a Virus 



As a team, we all worked fantastically. This was such an enjoyable brief and we worked so hard on it. I was in a team with Sam Lane, Sam Hoh & Ross Francis. It was something we thought of and almost tried to forget about it as it was quite random but in the end we decided to go with the JuicePurse! And at the end of the day it actually became quite a hit and we started to find the our product on other peoples blogs. If I would come back to this I would fear that I would need the others to join in with me. I would be fantastic to develop with further and make it even more popular with people. From what people have seen of it already they have loved it and that make me think that given half a chance this could become something big. 


Proverbially Yours





This was quite an easy brief and looking at it now its a very simple design. I feel this could be pushed much further but how? Do I stick with 'Honesty is the best Policy' or do I try and find something different to work with? There are so many questions that I could ask myself but I think I need to pick a brief to re-viste and crack on with it as I don't have that much time anymore. The ways I could improve this is I could make it more visually pleasing and maybe more helpful! From these posters you don't really understand why honesty is the best policy. I could make a book or something like that explaining why honesty is the best policy.