Tuesday 18 October 2011

Proverbally Yours // Message and Interpretation

Brief

Produce designs for a set of three HIGH impact posters that deliver a personal identified message derived from your given proverb. A proverb ( From the Latin : Proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying populary known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of Humanity.

As a group we each got given ONE Proverb. Mine was "Honestly is the best policy" means that telling the truth should be the first response to answering any question or dilemma. If one lies, then one will wind up having to make up another lie at some point to cover the first one and on and on. Being honest is always the best choice. Because of this I looked in to Honesty coming from the heart. And thats where I got my first idea "Honestly come from the heart". I created the heart on illustrator, using what  had learned in Simon's tutorials. I'm stuck between two colours. The red and the baby blue. The blue works much better when thinking about honesty. Its quite a calm colour I can only relate it to heaven and God. Makes sense in the end. The red on the other hand links with the heart and blood and in general I think it looks better. The blue seems too light for the white text. I will continue to play around and create my other two posters

TEXT AND IMAGE





IMAGE.

I decided to simply use my heart illustration for this poster. By using this repetitive sequence I was able to create something suitable. When looking at it I can almost see a roasted chicken..I think I ask around as see what people think.




TEXT









Not sure if this is final. But i began thinking about Honesty being the BEST POLICY.  I found a font
called 'Engravers' and decided that it looked the best. It has this quite royal and powerful look. I 
organised the type to fit the triangular formation. This gives the idea of the
type to have this royalty and meaning as if this proverb really means something. The 'HONESTY' 
Being at the top of the other words that form the triangle. I found it quite hard to not only make this 
poster make sense but also make it look good! After adding the text i tried adding this white lines behind
the text. I was going to go with the one with the triangle underneath but there is no image aloud WHAT 
SO EVER!