Thursday 1 December 2011

PhotoShop// Induction 1


IMAGE 1
A distinctive transformation is when you change something but can change it back, Therefore making it irreversible.
ADJUSTMENT LAYER- LEVELS
This is similar to the Brightness and Contrast adjustment. You make the photo brighter and by adjusting the contrast you can make a huge difference 

Heres the original photograph


Here I have my edited version. Look at the diffenrence. I used the magic wand tool to adjust this photograph. When my TOLERANCE was on 60 I could click once and it selected the statue i used CURVES (command M) I could really bring the brightness and contrast up. To then Finish the photograph off I went on to Brightness and Contrast (command U)


We then had to simply add text to the photography so I went with 'Death' as I'm pretty sure thats what this photograph is about. I first made a black layer on a new layer with the paint bucket. I typed in DEATH on that layer and once that was done I used the Magic Wand Tool again to select the letters. All I had to do now was press BackSpace (Delete) and the inside of the letter broke through the layer.
Then I simply turned down the opacity until it looked like this.

 RGB COLOUR. Original image




If you go to View and then proof setup you can change it to CMYK. However when you do this you lose the quality of the colour completly. Always when you want to print a photograph make sure it is on RGB colour to insure you print a perfect picture. The point is sometimes you can change it to CMYK and you can't change it back. Thats when you go Image : Mode and then switch to CMYK. When this is done you can't change back again

Saving images to the INTERNET








The aim of this was to save the images to the same size as the BBC uses on their website.
Resolution : 72
Width : 500
Hight : 503
Save as web BASED FORMAT- JEPG
ACTIONS : Action is the best way on photoshop to record what you are doing.
FILE - WINDOW - ACTIONS
Then we created a droplet which is a mini photoshop application.
AUTOMATE - CREATE DROPLET.