Monday 5 December 2011

HOW TO// Store your shirt


Our group has now decided to split the booklet in to our own individual pages. Mine so happens to be HOW TO store you shirts. This means that I need to go out and look for valuable and correct information on how to properly store you shirt. I can only think of two ways to store you shirt and thats to either hang it up on a coat hanger or have it folded in a draw. On my Design Context I have already gone on to some online question blogs where I have found good answers. So far a a lot of people think that hanging their shirt is a much better and safer way to preserve a shirt. You create less creases.


As a group we decided that the COVER will be a thick card and the type will be cut out so when you place it in the pocket the design of the shirt will come through. We also decided that the INSIDE pages will be a thick tracing paper so that you get the colours poring through each other which we think will look nice.



I think I am going to go with this design as I am liking the thin lines. it works as it is conventional to the meaning of the poster. Shirts quite often come striped. I much prefer the type used in this poster too. The 'How To' is the font 'Wisdom Script' which I found on LostType a while ago. The Store Your Shirt was also found on LostType and is called 'Ribbon'. I think the plan of action now is to Decide how I am going to present the information. I could use bullet points with facts?

BUTTONS
Bullet points?

While making this I started thinking a Legibility. How big is this book going to be? Already I can see that if this is going to be legible then its going to have to be quite big! unless I did two pages? One that was just the one above and then the other that had the information on it?

Storing




I don't usualy fold my shirts like this I just did it for the sake of the project. As a result I found my shirts the more heavier shirts to be creased where they had been folded. I am going to to a questionnaire where I will ask who folds their shirts and who hangs them.



underneath I will have information on the subject. THE TYPE MUST BE LEGIBLE for the audience